This year 2016 fashion editors and specialized magazines do agree: both swimsuits and bikinis are all the rage. This summer 2016 the beaches and pools are going to be bursting with design and lots of style with the upcoming trends. Take note:
Sporty bikinis and mini pieces with extreme cuts are definitely in. Ruffles and shapes that emphasise your shoulders like a T-shirt are trendy. Minimalist lines in one-piece swimsuits are an absolute MUST this season. But let’s take a closer look.
- HIGH-NECK CROP TOPS. This season halter neck lovers will be delighted, because many brands are raising necklines and are using this great stylish cut. They are not recommended for anyone who wants an all-over tan, but they are perfect to wear after a long day of sunbathing.
- SURFER CHIC. Neoprene and fabrics that adapt to your figure for more comfort and freedom. This trend consists in well-made pieces that sculpt your body and fit perfectly. Go for neon colours and the sportier styles you find this season.
- CROCHET & MACRAMÉ. There’s woven Lycra and the 60s style clothing, with thread trimming and colourful backstitches that add a hippie touch to your days in the sun.
- AZTEC & GEOMETRIC. This is all about patterns and prints. There will be lots of colours on the sand this year. Geometric patterns with flashy waves and hints of psychedelia rule.
- NEUTRALS, NUDES & EARTH COLOURS. Minimalist lines are also becoming popular in swimwear fashion trends this season. Clean lines and serene colours to complement a luxury holiday.
WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
According to the beauty blog post from L’Oreal, SWIMSUIT OR BIKINI? “If you want to cover up your tummy or your hips and show off a slender body, it is a good idea to wear a swimsuit”. They also give us some tips to find the bikini that best suits our figure and enhances it:
- Wide back: triangle bikini tops that tie at the back of your neck will suit you the best.
- Small bust: you can use bandeau bikini tops with padding.
- Large bust: choose bikini tops with thicker straps and V-shaped necklines. You can also opt for underwire bikini tops, for more support.
- With a little tummy: try using high-waist bikini bottoms that cover as much of your tummy as
- Pear shape: it is a good idea to use neutral bottoms or dark colours that distract attention. Try using wide-banded bikini bottoms, never those that are tied at the sides.
- Small: look for bikini bottoms tied at the sides and triangle bikini tops.
- Tall: hipster-briefs or tied at the side bikini bottoms look amazing if you have long legs.
So now you know, we will welcome you with open arms after you spend some well-deserved time sunbathing on the beach Playa del Duque, Costa Adeje or around the pool of your hotel. Our leading brand fashion stores have all these designs for you and a lot more. If you are a swimsuit fashion addict, don’t miss out!